Wednesday, June 29, 2011

adventures

So I'm in church with the little one tonight, just holding him and trying to make him as comfy as possible (he had shots today =[ ), and he lets out a noisy "eruption," shall I say. So I quickly go back to the nursery to change him... and lo and behold... he was wearing the last diaper we had with us (and it looked like it was covered in nutella, to put it nicely). After nearly bursting into tears, I realized I had both a spare outfit and a nursing cover in the diaper bag. I fold the outfit up into thirds, slide that under him, and fold my nursing cover around him. Half of me felt kind of proud of myself for thinking fast like that (even though it started soaking through pretty quickly anyway) and the other half just wanted to go crawl in bed, throw the covers over my head and bawl. Ever had one of those days?
But in the end, it worked out okay. Even though my husband had to wait until the end of the service to go pick up diapers real quick, I got to hold my son and watch him sleep (even if my lap ended up a bit damp!). Every day I am amazed at how quickly he's learning and growing! The doctor said he's 14 lb s, 12 oz, and 25 in. long!

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I never realized you had a baby blog! If I had known about it back in 2011 when you last posted, I would have been a faithful follower :-) I would love to read about Micah and Noah here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll actually start posting on here again then!

    ReplyDelete