Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week 8

Yeah, I know. Creative title. Maybe pregnancy has thus far not only zapped my appetite until the evening, but my creativity too. Yes, morning sickness has become my main problem for the past month, but I'm learning to deal with it effectively.This usually means avoiding any smell I might find offending (or taste) and attempting to keep something in my stomach at all times. This has been working pretty well.

I went to my first prenatal appointment yesterday, where they did a whole bunch of tests and sent me home with an ultrasound scheduled for next Wednesday at 1, and a goodie bag with prenatal vitamin samples, coupons, magazines, toothpaste (??), and the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting." Nice.

Here are some answers to the most common questions people have been asking.
Q: When is your exact due date?
A: I don't know. I'll know more along the lines of when it'll happen after the ultrasound next week, where I'll also get to learn about all my lab results. Right now it seems we're looking at somewhere between the 5th and 12th of next February.

Q: Been having morning sickness?
A: Somewhat. I feel queasy a lot, but like I said up there, I get a pretty good handle on it most of the time.

Q: Do you get to find out the gender after the ultrasound?
A: No... right now, the baby is still an embryo, roughly the size of a peanut. I believe I would be able to find out mid second trimester (August-November-ish).

Q: Are you going to find out if it's a girl or a boy?
A: Yes.

1 comment:

  1. They give you toothpaste because they have found that poor dental hygiene can be linked with early delivery... they don't know why yet but they especially want you to take care of your gums. Nice blog! I have a guest bedroom full of goodies for you. A goodycarfull (as opposed to a goodybag- you see what I did there?)! When can they be picked up/dropped off?

    ReplyDelete